Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Cars and Birds

The raven doth call me
Though it knows not how it beckons
It frightens and excites me
For the Raven always brings news
Though it is news of death
But who’s death does this Raven come to deliver?
My own perhaps?

So there is this Porsche
Upon first glance I only find it moderately agreeable
But then I am told, it is mine
I can have it next week
It is delivered to my doorstep as promised,
Looking exactly as it did on the showroom floor
My heart starts to race as I realize that it is going to be mine
I get in
Despite having the correct key,
The engine will not start
The car will not go
I hand the keys to a complete stranger
The car takes off speeding down the road
I guess it’s just me
Wasn’t meant to be

Parrots are pretty
I have found one in particular that I am fond of
Beautiful creature
Elegant and graceful
Sweet and loving
But in a flash she becomes dangerous
Her claws scratch and her beak crushes
So I watch her from a distance
Only occasionally coming close enough to interact
My retreat is always very brisk

No comments:

Post a Comment